Front Desk Associate
Graduate School USA (GSUSA) is an active learning community with a rich history that spans almost a century. We offer a range of programs and services designed to serve the needs of organizations and individuals in both government and the private sector.
Graduate School USA is currently seeking a Front Desk Receptionist Professional. The successful individual will have a positive can-do attitude; is able to work independently and multi-task effectively; will provide clerical support to the Customer Relations Center; and exhibit strong professional communication and customer service skills to work in our Welcome Center.
The scope of interaction spans all areas of GSUSA, customers, faculty, government agency representatives, the general public, and GSUSA team members.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Welcome visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering and referring inquiries about GSUSA courses, class dates, certificates and other information; be familiar with and provide guidance about GSUSA and building amenities.
- Serves as a point of contact for activities at the Welcome Center.
- Performs data entry, maintains and organizes files, CRC training materials, and/or general office work.
- Supports the organization to schedule appointments, conference rooms for group meetings, and vendor presentations.
- Maintains employee and department directories in order to provide contact information as appropriate.
- Performs communications effectively and in a timely manner — with GSUSA staff, faculty, and customers via phone and/or in person.
- Troubleshoots a wide range of requests and situations both for clients and employees of GSUSA.
- Oversees the physical environment of the reception area.
- Researches customer inquiries regarding their classes.
- Learns about GSUSA product and service offerings and converse with current and potential customers as appropriate.
- Signs for FedEx packages and notify recipients.
- Performs other general clerical duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both oral and in written skills
- Excellent customer services skills
- Excellent telephone etiquette skills and in-person communication skills
- Professional appearance and behavior
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- No visible tattoos or excessive body piercings
- Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments
- Be a self-motivated team player who works well with coworkers
- Open, respectful communication with team members
- Ability to learn proprietary software programs and industry technology
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to order priorities and respond to inquiries within the established department policies
- Ability to work with all levels of employees and clients
- Demonstrated planning, organizing and time management skills
- H.S. Diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a face-to-face customer service-oriented capacity or working as a receptionist
- Some college-level course experience preferred
- Able to pack and lift boxes weighing 25 pounds
WHY WORK at GRADUATE SCHOOL USA?
- Office located in the heart of DC with Metro access
- On-site fitness center
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- AFLAC supplemental coverage
- Tuition Assistance
- Personal Development
- Rooftop Terrace View
- Heart of the DC Food Trucks
- Easy access to museums and sporting venues
- Transportation Benefit
- Employee Assistant Program
- Free Professional Development Courses
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter (please include cover letter in Resume Text section of the online application) for consideration.
Graduate School USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.