Virtual Classroom Assistant - Part Time/Temporary
Graduate School USA, located in Washington, DC is an active learning community with a rich history that spans more than nine decades. Our range of programs and services includes continuing education, career development, and certificate programs – all designed to service the needs of organizations and individuals in both governmental and the private sector.
The part-time (temporary) Virtual Classroom Assistant supports the instructor and participants in an engaging online learning environment using a variety of web conferencing. This position will support duties related to the Virtual Instructor-Led Training (VILT) administration and delivery of training. This is a remote work environment. Paid training will be provided. You will be placed on-call.
Pay Rate: $15 per Hour
- Provide support to virtual classroom delivery of training.
- Meet with instructors prior to the course to complete dry run sessions.
- Provide technical support to the instructor and students as needed prior to the start and throughout the live session.
- Assist the instructor with specific technical functions (e.g., initiating breakout rooms, loading course materials through fileshare).
- Be available during the entire duration of the session to provide instructor and student support as needed.
- Assist instructors with virtual classroom set-up, technical or instructional media delivery, or video.
- Provide tier one support for troubleshooting live sessions issues (e.g., assisting students with login issues, troubleshooting audio or video issues, etc.)
- Perform administrative support functions unique to GSUSA course delivery, for example answer student questions about course certificates or other course logistics.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Broad overall knowledge and experience in the use of computer, audio, and video technologies.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Adaptable/flexible, enjoy doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction.
- Ability to quickly learn new distance online learning platform delivery tools and technologies and adapt to an evolving brand.
- Adept and enthusiastic about learning new technologies and new skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at all levels in the organization.
- Windows 10.
- MacOS X with MacOS 10.9 or later.
- Large or dual monitor.
- Broadband wired or wireless internet connection.
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth.
- A Webcam or HD Webcam - built-in or USB plug-in.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working with instructional delivery in classroom and distance education a plus.
- Proficient with one or more of the following virtual platforms: Microsoft TEAMS, Zoom and/or Adobe Connect
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter (please include cover letter in Resume Text section of the online application) for consideration.
Graduate School USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.