Graduate School USA is an active learning community with a rich history that spans more than nine decades. Our range of programs and services includes continuing education, career development, and certificate programs—all designed to serve the needs of organizations and individuals in both government and the private sector.
Graduate School USA is seeking a Program Manager for our Contract Services team to manage the administration and delivery of contract training. Working in close collaboration with the Director of Operations, Services & Delivery, the successful Program Manager will execute the vision and strategic plan for the delivery of contract training while developing a culture of excellence in service delivery and a gold standard in customer service. This position partners with the business development team and contract customers to ensure the successful delivery of virtual and in-person training agreements and to drive sales. This position also works in close collaboration with and serves as a back-up to the Program Manager of Open Enrollment Programs. The Program Manager of Contract Services will supervise, motivate and coach approximately 3 – 8 full-time and seasonal staff members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise staff in the execution and delivery of training contracts to ensure high customer satisfaction and services are delivered timely and within budget.
- Build and maintain relationships with customers while establishing regular communications.
- Support the Business Development team with identifying and responding to new business opportunities. Support may include attending marketing and sales meetings and reviewing business proposals/agreements.
- Manage and/or assists with managing special projects and the logistics for conferences, learning summits, and other training events.
- Procure training facilities and manage logistics for offsite contract and open-enrollment training when required.
- Administer customer feedback surveys to monitor and continually improve the customer experience.
- Produce monthly status reports on training outcomes, issues, and financial expenditures.
- Develop, implement and monitor standard operating procedures and processes. Actively and routinely identify areas for improvement that will result in reduced operational and delivery costs, increased efficiency, and improved customer service.
- Prepare and maintain professional correspondence and notifications for dissemination to customers, faculty, and students.
- Manage and investigate customer complaints and issues by performing root-cause analysis and develop and implement measures to prevent or reduce repeat occurrences.
- Oversee training vendors’ performance to ensure contracted services are rendered as prescribed in agreements.
- Manage and safeguard inventory of classroom supplies, course materials, equipment, and training instruments.
- Assist with the preparation of operating budgets and monitor financial expenditures associated with the delivery of training to ensure expenses do not exceed department budget.
- Hire, train and evaluate employees. Prepare and monitor work schedules for staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- General knowledge of business development and sales strategies in the federal government marketplace.
- Must have strong PC skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Outlook, Word, Excel, and SharePoint. Higher Reach or exposure to a learning management system (LMS) is preferred.
- Must have an in-depth understanding of adult learning methodologies.
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to generate effective business correspondence and reports and be able to interact with people at all levels with tact and diplomacy.
- Must provide excellent customer service and be able to solve problems to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Must have good organizational skills with the ability to multitask and adapt to constantly changing priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, logistics, supply chain management, project management or related field. Equivalent work experience in a related field may be substituted.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing and leading teams in the delivery of professional development training programs, grants management, event planning or similar area.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing projects for government customers.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Experience working with all levels of management, including government officials.
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter for consideration.
Graduate School USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.