Business Development Associate
Graduate School USA is an active learning community with a rich history that spans more than nine decades. Our range of programs and services includes continuing education, career development, and certificate programs—all designed to serve the needs of organizations and individuals in both government and the private sector.
Graduate School USA is seeking a Business Development Associate (BDA) to serve as the first point of contact to help Graduate School USA (GSUSA) boost growth and sales. The successful BDA will conduct general customer needs assessments, connect customers to a Business Development Manager or other Graduate School USA departments to meet their needs, prepare activity and sales reports, assist in preparing proposals and product training literature to submit to customers, distribute leads from market to BD team and represent BD at internal and external events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as first line of contact for incoming sales requests (via email and telephone)
- Answer general customers' questions about products, prices, and process for scheduling contract training through GSUSA.
- Gather information about incoming inquires and determine next steps.
- Record business development activities and communicate with Business Development team by using SalesForce.
- Submit reports of sales activities, prepare sales contracts for orders obtained, and submit orders for processing.
- Participate in efforts to expand the GSUSA training offerings and programs.
- Provide simple quotes to customers using standard Business Development procedures.
- Regularly conduct follow-up calls to ensure customer needs were met and to discuss future opportunities.
- Assist Proposal team in responding to formal solicitations and maintaining repositories.
- Serve as Business Relations liaison with Operations, Services & Delivery; Learning Design and Technologies; the Customer Service Center and other departments at GSUSA.
- Manage the conference management process for Business Relations
- Research contract course information in HigherReach to provide updates to Business Development team members
- Provide clerical support
- Assist at local conferences, as needed
- Work closely with peers in Business Development and Learning Solutions, as well as curriculum areas to establish the strategy for sales and to assess the school’s capabilities to deliver proposed work.
- Work with a high degree of independence; confer with supervisor on complex or unusual problems.
- Interact with external customers on a regular basis. Work closely with government contracting officers and decision-makers.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have strong PC skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and knowledge of SalesForce.
- Should have an understanding of government operations. Knowledge of government contracting and procurement preferred.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Must possess demonstrated customer relations and/or business development experience.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to gain the confidence and trust of decision makers.
- Must be able to multi-task, have a keen attention to detail and be well-organized.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of customer service experience in an office environment is required
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in business development preferred.
- Experience with sales in the federal government or training industry helpful.
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter (please include cover letter in Resume Text section of the online application) for consideration.
Graduate School USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.