Team Lead - Instructional Designer
Graduate School USA is an active learning community with a rich history that spans more than nine decades. Our range of programs and services includes continuing education, career development, and certificate programs—all designed to serve the needs of organizations and individuals in both government and the private sector.
Graduate School USA is seeking a Team Lead, Instructional Designer to assists Curriculum Directors and other stakeholders in producing online learning products that meet Graduate School USA (GSUSA) standards for quality. This position contributes to the development of strategies and business cases as well as the development of online courseware. The incumbent works collaboratively with Curriculum Directors and other staff to ensure development and delivery of quality online learning solutions for GSUSA clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Introduce, current best industry practices for documentation development and instructional design. Refines and modifies GSUSA web-based teaching platform and online learning solutions to ensure product goals satisfy customer needs.
- Manage systems that translate learning, skill building objectives, and current course content into high-impact learning designs that fit within the GSUSA profile. Evaluates and recommends to management and curriculum directors possible innovative learning solutions that will further organization goals regarding online learning.
- Manage conversions of classroom course to online format, development of new online products, and revision/update of current courses. Produces design documents, project plans, and storyboards to establish project parameters, content, and other design requirements in close collaboration with Curriculum Directors.
- Identify, and select subject matter experts (SMEs) needed to accomplish course development. In addition, works with CDs to establish budgets and reimbursement parameters for SME work on a given project.
- Develop online materials and products that are clear, concise, consistent, instructionally sound, and meet the training/skill building objectives, working with SMEs and Curriculum Directors.
- Establish quality assurance standards for online projects. Identifies QA processes and delineates the resources and processes necessary to ensure quality online courseware. Collaborates with internal stakeholders to evaluate online courseware and technology consistently meets established quality standards.
- Establish project management processes, outcomes, and delivery of targeted curriculum and learning products. Manages multiple projects simultaneously by schedule, budget, resources, scope, and deliverables ensuring high quality design, regular reviews with CDs or other curriculum staff, and on time and delivery expectations/specifications.
- Monitor delivered courses to ensure achievement of objectives and to identify areas for improvement or update.
- Design processes and ensure efficient operation of online course delivery systems, working with OSD staff and the SIS Administrator.
- Design and oversee development of data reports on a variety of areas affecting the success of online delivery of learning products, such as financial reporting, learner completion and dropout rates, testing success, content delivery, ACCET accomplishments, etc.
- Manage and maintains department assessment processes, outcomes, and related policies to adhere and comply to accreditation standards and policy documents submitted to ACCET for accreditation purposes.
- Lead team to include making job assignments, setting priorities and department goals, handling problems, conducting performance reviews, coaching and development.
- Manage and maintain LMS technical documentation as it relates to roles, processes, and procedures to support GSUSA staff, instructors, and students.
- Maintain an appropriate budget for design tools, computer technology and other resources to ensure division and GSUSA goals and product plans are accomplished in an efficient manner.
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with curriculum staff, faculty, and senior management.
- Represent -technology-enabled learning perspectives and know-how on various committees. Implements GSUSA and department policies and ensures team achieves department objectives and supports GSUSA-wide goals Serve on projects as assigned.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to respond to RFQs, RFPs, grants, and other business opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong, practical knowledge of adult learning principles and instructional design practices, including working with SMEs to develop online learning products.
- Advanced knowledge of best practices for online learning including performance-support technologies.
- Experience with independent project planning and management of online training initiatives, from conception to final product, including quality assurance reviews.
- Demonstrated experience developing engaging and effective eLearning using development applications such as Articulate 360, Adobe Captivate, H5P, etc.
- Strong familiarity with the operation and development of online learning projects hosted in Learning Management Systems (preferably Brightspace D2L), including building SCORM and 508 compliant products.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Adobe Creative products (Acrobat DC, Photoshop), video and audio editing software, and virtual team software such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build productive relationships and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to effectively manage teams and projects in a collaborative environment.
- Professional-level experience supporting federal government agencies, particular with learning projects.
- Familiarity with regional accreditation standards and assessment processes and professional accrediting bodies.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience in working and managing a team remotely using phone and virtual technologies, such as Microsoft Teams, Ring Central, Slack, Zoom, etc.
- Two-three years of supervisory experience.
- Teaching experience at post-secondary level preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in design and development of online learning for adult learners, particularly related to performance improvement and job skills attainment.
- 2-3 years of lead or supervisory experience, overseeing team-based projects and managing the work of multiple staff members.
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional level experience supporting federal government agencies.
- Minimum five years’ experience interacting with federal government personnel.
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter for consideration.
Graduate School USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.