Research Intern - Temp/Part-Time - Remote Assignment
Founded in 1921, Graduate School USA (GSUSA) is an independent, not-for-profit educational institution based in Washington, DC, offering workforce training and services across the U.S. and around the world. The organization is a leading provider of professional development and training courses for the federal government and private sector, serving organizations and individuals with programs designed to support organizational missions, career and occupational development, and the personal ambitions of adult learners. GSUSA’s courses and programs are delivered by instructors with real-world government experience, including customized training solutions, distance education, and leadership training.
Do you enjoy conducting research work? Are you detailed oriented? Then, this job is for you!
Graduate School USA (GSUSA) is seeking an intern to analysis, conduct and record the results of internet research in one or more large databases to identify names and email addresses of potential participants in our grants training courses. This is a temporary assignment not to exceed six (6) weeks.
Pay Rate: $15.00 per hour
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Using a set of established procedures, the intern will research, working remotely, using USA spending, Leadership Connect and related data bases necessary to locate and identify individuals who have received Federal Grants (grantees.) The names and addresses of all grantees are candidates to participate in GSUSA grants management courses and will be sent marketing material.
- Research and collect data.
- Enter the names and email addresses of all federal grantees identified (above) into one or more GSUSA email lists as Excel spreadsheets and provide daily to the manager.
- Closely coordinate and collaborate with the hiring manage on work assignments, who will make and monitor all work performed daily.
- Other internet research related duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Strong work ethic.
- Attention to detail.
- Database and analytical skills.
- Creativity and innovation.
- Problem solving skills.
- Works well with others.
- Organized, flexible and self-motivated.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Windows 10 and Microsoft 365.
- Actively enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program.
- Experience working independently in conducting and compiling internet research in a virtual environment.
- Experience working remotely using virtual technologies, such as Zoom, MS Teams, and/or Adobe Connect.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite software products, Word, Outlook and Excel and database management.
- Must be available to work up to a maximum of 25 hours per work week between the hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm EST.
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter for consideration.
Graduate School USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.