IT Service Desk Analyst
Position Title: IT Service Desk Analyst
Department: Information Technology
Work Location: Washington, DC
Announce Date: February 10, 2017
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Graduate School USA is an independent, educational, not-for-profit institution headquartered in the nation’s capital with additional sites strategically located throughout the U.S. We are an active learning community with a rich history that spans nine decades. Our range of programs and services includes continuing education, career development and certificate programs--all designed to serve the needs of organizations and individuals in both government and the private sector.
The GSUSA Information Technology Operations Team is seeking an IT Service Desk Analyst to provide first line technical support to internal staff. The IT Service Desk Analyst will require an aptitude for working with applications/systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of staff problems. Coverage includes Graduate School USA headquarter site in D.C. as well as remote users at other offices and home workers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as a single point of contact for phone calls and emails from staff regarding IT issues and queries
- Receiving, logging and managing calls from internal staff via telephone and email
- Maintaining as asset database and track changes
- Act as the 1st line of support - troubleshooting of IT related problems from in-house software to hardware, such as cell phones, laptops, PCs and printers
- Escalate unresolved calls to the infrastructure support team
- Log all calls in the service desk call ticketing system (Remedy)
- Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- Create user accounts, reset passwords, create groups etc., via Active Directory
- To arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house
- High School Diploma
- A+, MCP certification (desirable, but not required)
- 1-3 years of previous IT Service Desk and/or Call Centre experience required
- Incident Management experience – Managing incidents including business expectations and communication
- Basic User & Security Group Active Directory administration
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows 7 and Office 365
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Microsoft’s cloud based
- Outlook via Office 365 within a network environment (permissions, calendar sharing, delegation)
- Must be a self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner.
- Excellent organizational skills
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter.
Graduate School USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer