Business Development Manager, Part Time – South East Region
Position Title: Business Development Manager, Part Time – South East Region
Department: Business Development
Work Location: South Eastern, US
Announce Date: February 16, 2017
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Graduate School USA is an independent, educational, not-for-profit institution headquartered in the nation’s capital, with additional sites strategically located throughout the United States. We are an active learning community with a rich history that spans more than nine decades. Our range of programs and services includes continuing education, career development, and certificate programs — all designed to serve the needs of organizations and individuals in both government and the private sector.
The GSUSA Business Relations Department is seeking a part-time Business Development Manager to sell training and/or professional services in the South Eastern federal marketplace.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Prospect for business opportunity calls as appropriate within the South Eastern federal market and military installations to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging a network.
- Identify potential clients and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Work with the team to develop proposals that speak to clients’ needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Present new products and services to enhance existing relationships.
- Work with internal stakeholders to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid- and senior-level management on business trends, with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Use knowledge of the federal government and business competitors to identify and develop the School’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
- Submit weekly progress reports.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed in the School’s CRM (Salesforce).
- Forecast federal sales targets within the geographic area and/or region.
- Work with marketing staff to develop targeted marketing materials.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3–5 years of experience in sales and marketing, particularly selling and marketing to the federal government.
- An average of 10–12 years of professional service-oriented sales experience is desirable. Former federal employees with executive-level experience are preferred.
- Must possess a detailed understanding of the federal marketplace, including potential customers, partners, and competitors.
- Must have knowledge of and experience with the government to schedule procurement vehicles, as well as knowledge of and experience with the government contracting processes and practices.
- Must possess a background in marketing and the ability to successfully assess and sell professional training services to the federal government.
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter.
Graduate School USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer