Curriculum Manager, Federal Financial Management
Graduate School USA is an active learning community with a rich history that spans more than nine decades. Our range of programs and services includes continuing education, career development, and certificate programs — all designed to serve the needs of organizations and individuals in both government and the private sector.
The Curriculum and Learning Solutions Division seeks a Curriculum Manager to represent the School’s Federal Financial Management programs to external partners and customers nationwide. The incumbent will provide federal Financial Management subject matter expertise to support Business Development efforts to include determining appropriate course content and/or design, developing customized learning solutions, and identifying customer training needs. He or she will participate with Business Relations representatives in on-site client meetings to develop, negotiate, and close proposals. Leads the School’s efforts to establish and grow partnerships with professional organizations in the field of federal Financial Management. The incumbent will serve as a bridge between Business Relations function and Curriculum products, staff, and instructors to grow training business with new and existing clients in support of division and schoolwide mission and growth goals. He or she will provide guidance on the development of the overall federal Financial Management curriculum as well as specific course products. The incumbent will work with Proposals Office to grow business and develop and support customer relationships, as needed. Identifies opportunities to expand into new markets and develop strategic partnerships. When necessary, interacts closely with units across the school and with employees at all levels.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with Business Relations to ensure understanding of customer training needs, provide curriculum perspective, identify viable solutions, and build customer relationships; build agency relationships to develop and grow sales in field locations; ensure development and execution of sales plans that includes conducting competitor analysis, establishing contacts, building key relationships, qualifying leads, closing sales, and handing off sales for delivery.
- Leads the School’s efforts to establish and grow partnerships with professional organizations in the field of federal Financial Management. Leverages contacts within the federal Financial Management community to build and maintain strong relationships with accrediting bodies and other professional organizations.
- Provides subject matter input on assigned curriculum products to ensure accuracy, relevancy, and appropriateness of course/curriculum content. Identifies and responds to emerging training needs and government-wide trends. Advises others on curriculum and/or sales requirements.
- Coordinates with course development experts to design and develop training solutions that are responsive to customer needs. Ensures that curricula and course materials adhere to quality assurance and professional standards as defined by accrediting bodies and relevant external professional bodies, as well as internal quality standards.
- When necessary, participate in proposal bid/no-bid decisions; provide proposal content (management plan, course content for both off-the-shelf and customized courses); identify relevant past performance; recommend appropriate instructors; assist in bid/no-bid decision-making.
- As needed, provide input to Marketing regarding current and potential customers and learning needs and messages. Draft, review, and approve marketing collateral to ensure accuracy and relevancy to GSUSA customers.
- Provide advice and support to Training and Program Management staff regarding content, instructors, course material, and logistics, as needed.
- Assist in the identification and recruitment of high quality federal Financial Management instructors.
- When necessary, serves as instructor for contract or open enrollment sessions federal Financial Management classes.
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with Financial Management instructors, staff, and senior management team.
- Participate in conferences and networking events to promote GSUSA capabilities and products.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s and/or relevant certifications desired.
- 7-10 years of federal training management, development or delivery experience required.
- Experience working with Instructors, subject matter experts, Instructional Designers, and other learning/training partner.
- Experience with various government-wide contracting practices and procurement vehicles.
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter for consideration.
Graduate School USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer