Program Manager - Pacific & Virgin Islands Training Initiative
Graduate School USA is an active learning community with a rich history that spans more than nine decades. Our range of programs and services includes continuing education, career development, performance consulting, and certificate programs — all designed to serve the needs of organizations and individuals in both government and the private sector.
Graduate School USA seeks a Program Manager to provide leadership, management and contract administration related to the Pacific and Virgin Islands Training Initiatives (PITI-VITI). The incumbent oversees a full range of program management and contract administration in compliance with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR and GSA Federal Supply Schedule (FSS) contract laws and regulations including supervisory, managerial, technical, analytical, instructional management and public relations tasks in support of the PITI-VITI program.
The successful candidate must excel in a multi-cultural and evolving environment that values innovation, efficiency, collaboration, and service, and is committed to achieving exceptional results. The candidate will be an independent worker who is adept at building relationships and executing on projects.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for working on all aspects of the PITI-VITI program.
- Responsible for establishing goals and operational objectives, plans and budgets consistent with the requirements of the Department of the Interior/Office of Insular Affairs, insular island governments and other federal officials with mission requirements and responsibilities for the insular areas, coordinate with regional and island-based institutions.
- Develop annual performance plans for six (6) Pacific island governments and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Manage training and professional service delivery in the insular areas and off-site locations, and conducts and manages the evaluation of programs.
- Prepare operational budgets in accordance with Graduate School USA policy and procedures.
- Assist with the administration of the Pacific (Honolulu) Regional Office, prepare reports, draft contracts and initiate and participate in projects to improve administrative systems.
- Manage expenses and contractual arrangements in a cost-efficient manner consistent with Graduate
- School USA policies and procedures, FAR and FSS laws and regulations, and client requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of, and experience working with the Pacific and/or US. Virgin Islands insular governments and officials in a professional capacity, ideally oriented to public administration, training and workforce development or a similar field.
- Superior knowledge of Pacific and/or US Virgin Islands cultures and the unique and specific territorial and freely associated government systems that exist across the insular areas.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse cultural environments, where English is used as a second language and where professional experience and expertise of officials, managers, and technicians may vary widely.
- Expert knowledge of current and emerging adult education theory and training methodology and an ability to apply these principles in an international setting.
- Demonstrated ability to manage U.S. Government contracts bound by FAR and GSA FSS contracting laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and concisely in written and oral form.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and make presentations in public speaking and training situations
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree preferred in a subject area that compliments the scope of the PITI-VITI project, e.g. public administration, financial management, or human resource management.
- Program management experience and/or PMI certified project management professional - required
- Minimum five (5) years of progressively responsible experience working with development programs in conjunction with Pacific Island and/or US Virgin Islands governments.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience coordinating job training and/or human resource enhancement training and/or development programs.
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter.
Graduate School USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer