Director, Operations Services and Delivery
An independent, nonprofit educational institution based in Washington, DC, Graduate School USA offers workforce training and services across the U.S. and around the world. We are a leading provider of professional development and training courses for the federal government and the private sector, serving organizations and individuals with programs designed to support organizational missions, career and occupational development, and the personal ambitions of adult learners.
Graduate School USA is currently seeking a Director, Operations Services and Delivery to be responsible for the management, leadership and oversight of the Training Management (TM) department by providing fulfillment of Open Enrollment and Onsite Contract training. The core accountabilities include:
- Provides strategic direction to and oversees delivery of open enrollment and onsite daytime training nationwide.
- Supervise Training Management Team of approximately 17-30.
- Oversight for improving the customer experience and service outcomes school-wide.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts to ensure an overall management system where Open Enrollment/Off-Site (OE/OS) operates effectively and efficiently to implement GSUSA and Curriculum Products & Services mission and goals.
- Manages unit human and financial resources, and coordinates with other departments (OHCM, Accounting and Finance, Facilities, Curriculum, Registrar, Curriculum, Business Development, etc.).
- Provides direction, strategic guidance and assistant to Team Leaders to accomplish the goals and objectives of the TM department.
- Directs and leads Team Leaders and staff in implementing class delivery tasks, instructor task orders, classroom scheduling, revenue fulfillment, data entry and integrity, and other key work processes.
- Drives annual performance evaluation process for TM team.
- Directs TM input for course and instructor scheduling with Curriculum, budget preparation and monitoring, marketing campaigns, customer surveys, policy development, institutional effectiveness and accreditation efforts.
- Ensures a welcoming learning environment for open enrollment onsite contract students (so far as can be influenced with host agency customers).
- Oversees the management of onsite class delivery processes and ensures staff meets service and delivery standards for contract business.
- Analyzes and provides for continuous improvement of operations and quality assurance.
- Ensures close collaboration and communications with internal customers.
- Continually evaluates effectiveness of supporting technologies and systems for meeting customer requirements.
- Implements a new training management structure within to centralized key duties to drive efficiencies and reduction of errors.
- Participates and contributes to Training and Program Management strategic and operational planning, assessment planning and monitoring, and reporting.
- Develops and implements assessment projects to improve customer service outcomes.
- Contributes to school-wide institutional effectiveness and accreditation efforts.
- Prepares unit budget and annual operating plan.
- Regularly reviews department policies and procedures based on customer feedback, trends and needs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Broad familiarity with the training industry, adult learning and instruction. The federal government, for profit, and non-profit training experience, preferred.
- Expertise within at least one of the School’s curriculum areas.
- Must have substantial understanding of the School’s program and course offerings, scheduling, as well as all registration and payment policies and procedures.
- Must be able to lead a diverse array of staff skill sets in high volume intake and delivery environments.
- Must have strong technical and program management skills – including effective use of Microsoft Office, LMS, registration and content management systems.
- Knowledge of budget planning and monitoring, along with the ability to manage financial resources including cost control and revenue enhancement.
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching/mentoring abilities, including effective motivation of supervisors and employees to achieve organizational and customer service goals and standards.
- Ability to develop and implement plans to continually improve service and delivery outcomes and prepare supporting documentation of internal reviews and external accrediting bodies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business, Education or other training curriculum relevant filed is required; Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in training, operations and delivery management.
- At least 3 years of prior supervisory experience is required.
- Significant experience working with the federal government and federal training officials is strongly desired.
WHY WORK AT GRADUATE SCHOOL USA?
- Office located in the heart of DC with Metro access
- On-site fitness center
- Casual Friday
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Tuition Assistance
- Rooftop Terrace View
- Heart of the DC Food Trucks
- Easy access to museums and sporting venues
- Transportation Benefit
- Employee Assistant Program
- Free Professional Development Courses at the Graduate School USA
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter for consideration.
Graduate School USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.