Curriculum Program Manager, Financial Management - Full-Time/Part Time
An independent, nonprofit educational institution based in Washington, DC, Graduate School USA offers workforce training and services across the U.S. and around the world. We are a leading provider of professional development and training courses for the federal government and the private sector, serving organizations and individuals with programs designed to support organizational missions, career and occupational development, and the personal ambitions of adult learners.
Graduate School USA is currently seeking a Curriculum Program Manager to represent the School’s Federal Financial Management programs to external partners and customers nationwide. The incumbent will provide federal Financial Management subject matter expertise to support Business Development efforts to include determining appropriate course content and/or design, developing customized learning solutions, and identifying customer training needs.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides guidance on the development of the overall Federal Financial Management curriculum as well as specific course materials.
- Collaborate with Business Relations to grow business, develop and support customers and ensure understanding of customer training needs, provide curriculum perspective, identify viable solutions, and build customer relationships; build agency relationships to develop and grow sales in field locations; ensure development and execution of sales plans that includes conducting competitor analysis, establishing contacts, building key relationships, qualifying leads, closing sales, and handing off sales for delivery.
- Identifies opportunities to expand into new markets and develop strategic partnerships.
- Leads the School’s efforts to establish and grow partnerships with professional organizations in the field of federal Financial Management. Leverages contacts within the federal Financial Management community to build and maintain strong relationships with accrediting bodies and other professional organizations.
- Provides subject matter input on assigned curriculum products to ensure accuracy, relevancy, and appropriateness of course/curriculum content. Identifies and responds to emerging training needs and government-wide trends. Advises others on curriculum and/or sales requirements.
- Coordinates with course development experts to design and develop training solutions that are responsive to customer needs. Ensures that curricula and course materials adhere to quality assurance and professional standards as defined by accrediting bodies and relevant external professional bodies, as well as internal quality standards.
- Represents in on-site customer meetings to develop, negotiate, and close proposals.
- When necessary, participate in proposal bid/no-bid decisions; provide proposal content (management plan, course content for both off-the-shelf and customized courses); identify relevant past performance; recommend appropriate instructors; assist in bid/no-bid decision-making.
- As needed, provide input to Marketing regarding current and potential customers and learning needs and messages. Draft, review, and approve marketing collateral to ensure accuracy and relevancy to GSUSA customers.
- Provide advice and support to Training and Program Management staff regarding content, instructors, course material, and logistics, as needed.
- Assist in the identification and recruitment of high quality federal Financial Management instructors.
- When necessary, serves as instructor for contract or open enrollment sessions federal Financial Management classes.
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with Financial Management instructors, staff, and senior management team.
- Participate in conferences and networking events to promote GSUSA capabilities and products.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Practical subject matter expertise in all aspects of Federal Financial Management (Budgeting, Accounting, Financial Management)
- Proven ability to develop, update and present professional Financial Management training.
- Demonstrated leadership in the federal Financial Management community or professional association.
- Knowledge of current federal requirements, laws, regulations, with a continuing sources of industry requirements and trends.
- Knowledge of civilian and DoD professional financial management competencies and certifications
- Knowledge of Graduate School target government financial management financial markets and competitive products
- Ability to plan and assist in executing a comprehensive marketing and sales strategy.
- Ability to independently budget, schedule and contemporaneously adjust a program of courses including instructor assignments.
- Proven skills in seeking, developing and building strategic partnerships with government organizations and professional association.
- Strong communications skills in developing marketing materials, and rapport with clients, peers, students and government leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s and/or relevant professional certifications desired.
- 7-10 years of federal training management, development or delivery experience required.
- 10 years experience in federal financial management leadership.
- Experience working with instructors, subject matter experts, instructional designers, and other learning/training partner and clients.
- Experience in developing and growing a program based upon stakeholder needs and market opportunities.
- Experience in performing and leading all aspects of federal financial management including budgeting, accounting, internal controls, travel, performance management, appropriation law and audit resolution.
WHY WORK AT GRADUATE SCHOOL USA?
- Office located in the heart of DC with Metro access
- On-site fitness center
- Casual Friday
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Tuition Assistance
- Rooftop Terrace View
- Heart of the DC Food Trucks
- Easy access to museums and sporting venues
- Transportation Benefit
- Employee Assistant Program
- Free Professional Development Courses at the Graduate School USA
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter for consideration.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.